MOOSE Open mic/Spoken Word Monthly Meeting
the 2nd Wednesday of every month
The current Moose Host-Feature list of upcoming events and available dates is located on our goggle drive:
Please follow the directions below to host our MOOSE Open mic/Spoken Word Monthly Meeting for the 2nd Wednesday of every month
How to become a Host or a Featured Storyteller
To be selected to be a Feature you must be invited by a Moose member Host.
To become a Host complete a Host submission form for any Date that is Available.
Send the completed form once it is returned to you by your feature to: email@example.com
Please do not send request to individual MOOSE Publicity members.
The above address will reach all 4 members to help us avoid duplicate bookings.
Thank you for your cooperation
Your Moose Publicity Committee
Host submission form
Send the following to your Featured performer
[Their Name] I’m so excited to be hosting you as the featured teller for our Moose Monthly Swap on [available Date you will host them] Would you please provide the following information to be used in press releases and other PR literature.
1. Your performing name
2. Photo of yourself. Format should be JPEG, GIF, or PNG format. The photo should be 1920 x 1080 or less at it least 150 dpi The maximum file size for an image file is 2MB. Please include your name in the name of the file. If you have a photo on the internet that you would like to use, just send the link.
3. A “hook sentence” to attract the right audience for you. Hooks should address the questions like “What makes this performer and event unique from others I have seen? Why should I invest the time to see this Artist?” Example hook: "Calling forth and telling stories that honor the past and delight the present"
4. A brief, 3-sentence or less, biography. The bio will immediately follow the “hook” in the press release. It should include highlights of their story career, other occupations, hobbies and interests that may connect with a grown up audience. Consider words that may support the theme or title. EXAMPLE: “Folklorist, storyteller, writer, and oral historian, Jo Radner (Lovell, Maine) has been studying, teaching, telling, and collecting stories most of her life. She has helped various immigrant, refugee, and community groups find and collect their stories and fashion them into public presentations. Jo is past president of the American Folklore Society and the National Storytelling Network.”
5. Title of your performance
6. A description of your performance and your targeted audience. Example: "Family Quirks and Characters" will appeal to those who love history, human behavior and overcoming challenges.
Target groups: Historical societies, Educators, mental health providers, Families, Grownups. This section is especially important for challenging topics. MOOSE does not censor performers but we do ask that the audience is appropriately informed of the content.
7. Optional: Contact information for the general public (website, email, etc.)
8. Optional: Internet link to video or audio clips of you performing.
9. Optional: An interesting quote, graphic , or anything else that could be used to make flyers for your performance eye-catching. (Must be copyright free or owned by you)
Please respond quickly to this request as MOOSE targets both traditional and digital media outlets, including some seasonal publications, which have very long lead times.
Thanking you in advance,
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MooseTellers
Please check our Facebook page for more information as a specific Meeting approaches.
It is the mission of the Moose Publicity Committee to:
Promote the organization of MOOSE and it's events and to provide tools for members to promote themselves.